So what with travelling, I have had to spend various hours in airports, train stations and the like, there are also just some bits of music that will remind me of the past while and I wanted to share these…
- River Man – Nick Drake: a rather contemplative song but a lovely one nonetheless – I didn’t know this until recently but it was inspired by an Emily Dickinson poem.
- Holding out for a Hero – Bonnie Tyler: a rather guilty pleasure that I am willing to admit – reminds me of NYE and dancing into the small hours …happy days
- New York New York – Frank Sinatra: in my mind the song for the beginning of a journey – small or large – there is an irrefutable sense of optimism and excitement in this song – a sense of being on the verge of something great…
- Carey – Joni Mitchell: dear lord I envy that woman’s vocal range…i love this song – a good one for the road.
- One more cup of coffee – Bob Dylan: much like the above – poetically philosophical also very good whilst actually drinking coffee aha.
- Primadonna – Marina and the Diamonds: a bit of a personal anthem this one – always gets me in the mood and gives me self confidence – tho maybe not in the most prim or proper ways – if i am playing this song you can well predict that the following events will lead to good anecdotes!
- Back in the game (Chronixx remix) – Wu Tan Clan: ahhh the morning after the night before….enough said.
Album of the month: New Boots and Panties – Ian Drury and the Blockheads:
Heaven on vinyl – I swear there is a song for literally any situation – from self critique to full on lust, to hedonism to surrealism and all with a very good bassline and personal politics – good old fashioned early punk…