its been a busy and varied month musically and I’ve been getting back to grips with grunge, and punk and all that sort of distorted sounding debauchery …amongst other stuff.
- Comfortably Numb – Pink Floyd: O.k so this is an Ode to psychedelics and its so mellow and chilled, a classic. And that guitar solo tho…..
- I Spy – Rudi: It may be fair to say that I am somewhat obsessed with this rather unknown band from Northern Ireland. Never has there been a catchier song/bassline about someone cheating….
- Love Will Tear Us Apart Again – Joy Division: Before there was New Order there was Joy Division – a grungy sounding band from Manchester with probably one of the most underrated front men of all time… ah what a tune.
- Riverman – Nick Drake: I love the recording that is done outside – the wind, and the sounds of his surroundings with the relaxed guitar playing……..
- Bohemian Rhapsody – Queen: A golden oldie – the perfect combo of uber cheesy, fantastic musicianship and the guitar solo to end time. not to mention Mercury’s charisma.
- Crazy Bit*h (live at Crue Fest) – Buckcherry: Oh. My. God. fair to say their lead singer is hot but this song is just filthy – in the best of ways of course!! and the live version ….just watch it on Youtube ahahaha.
- Lights Out – Royal Blood: Listening to this track it is even more amazing when you consider that the sound is made using only a bass and a drum kit….ok and a hell of a lot of amps and peddles aha. So good.
Single of the Month: Teenage Rebel – the outcasts. teenage angst at its best.
Guilty pleasure: Pumped up kicks – that intro has me. and still so politically relevant unfortunately.